Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hot & Bothered

Man oh man yesterday was a hot one! Yesterday with highs around 95 degrees I have to admit I was a bit miserable. Yesterday was just NOT my favorite day, that is for sure. Early Monday morning (2:35am ish) I woke up with a sharp cramping pain. I immediately thought I was going into labor. The feeling that came over me what quite intense. It wasn't the pain that got me so much but the anxiety of what it could have meant. I was hot, cold, scared, crying, in pain, and a little confused all at once! Turns out this was a false alarm, my doctor called it a Braxton Hicks contraction, considering it only happened once.

We were supposed to be going to the doctor today (Tuesday) but since I had the weird contraction thing, and because we just couldn't wait we changed our appointment to yesterday (Monday). I would have bet money that I was further dilated and effaced because I have definitely felt different in the last couple of days! We were also anxiously anticipating the news about the induction. Over the weekend we'd kind of convinced ourselves that we'd be induced on Thursday of this week....so as you can imagine we were EXCITED about knowing WHEN Carson would be here!!!!

Well, here comes the "bothered" part of this post.... I was STILL 1 cm, and STILL 60% effaced, and Carson hadn't dropped any lower. Arg. Then, when we asked what was going on with the nurses strike they told us it shouldn't not effect us, or our delivery at all. Which I have to admit, was somewhat of a relief. "So, does this mean we don't need to be induced by the end of the week?" I ask.... And his answer was of course yes, no need for an early induction. Plus....he said if they had to induce at only 1 cm the chance of C-section would skyrocket. So, that was both good news, and bad I guess. We didn't want to have to be induced but I will say that we did like the idea of knowing he'd be here by the end of the week!

So, where are we now? We are playing this horrible waiting game. This is BY FAR the worst part of being pregnant.... waiting. Even though I am just 1 cm Carson could still come any day, at any time and that's of course what we are hoping for! We are supposed to go back to the doctor next Tuesday (June 1st)...lets just hope that never happens! If it does however, I will be three days overdue and will probably look at scheduling an induction for later next week (Thurs/Fri).

A note to Carson: Hey little man, Mommy is hot, anxious, and just dying to meet you. The world is ready to meet you too and see your precious little face. You've got tons of hugs and kisses waiting for you and LOTS of people that are going to love you like crazy!!! Come out already :)

No comments:

Post a Comment