Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, May 3, 2010

Another Milestone!

We've finally made it to the 36 week milestone! WooHoo :) It seems like we've been waiting for weeks to make it to this point because there have been so many things we've been planning on doing around this point of the pregnancy. This weekend we were able to check some fun little projects off of our to-do list! James installed the car seat in my car yesterday, it's surreal to think that there will actually be a baby riding around in there before too long! I finished the rest of Carson's laundry and got his hospital bag all packed! That was too fun :) I've never enjoyed doing laundry so much in my life! The little socks were my favorite. They are SO little I don't know how we'll keep up with them all. James seems to think the sock monster will be making lots of visits to Carson's sock collection! haha I also started packing my bag for the hospital, which didn't include cute little socks or onesies, instead I packed a few things like nursing pads and maxi pads. Fun, fun! haha

James and I also did a little more cleaning out this weekend. I honestly think we've supplied half of the inventory at the local Goodwill in the last year! James got on a "lets get rid of this" roll yesterday and cleaned out his side of our walk-in closet. Being the "master packer/organizer", as we call it, I was able to come up with a better way to store some of his stuff. A quick trip to Target and some large tubs later I am pleased to announce that we have EMPTY space in our closet. I feel sure it wont stay that way for long but it is comforting to know there is space somewhere if, and when, we need it!

With our 36 week milestone comes a little more discomfort on my part. I'm finding it much harder to sleep, harder to get comfortable, and just harder to get around. My energy level is still pretty good, and I really hope it stays that way. I'm a "busy body" so I can't imagine not having the energy to stay busy! James is being a HUGE help around the house which is SO nice :) He's been helping lots with my, as he calls them, "wifely duties". Next weekend we are planning on renting a Rug Doctor and getting the carpets nice and clean. Well, I shouldn't say WE, I should say James I guess... I'll just be telling him how to do it I'm sure! haha Tomorrow afternoon we go to the doctor for our 36 week check-up! I have my first full "exam", so I'm anxious to see what all of that entails...

1 comment: