Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, May 22, 2010

The last supper...

39 Weeks.... Wow! Where has the time gone? For so long it seemed that Carson's big day was FOREVER away, and now it's so hard to wrap our heads around the fact that it's here. With our due date being only 7 days away we figure there is a good chance this weekend was our last weekend as a "party of two"! We keep telling ourselves, and everyone else for that matter, that we are "ready" for Carson's big arrival...but how can you really be ready for that moment when your water breaks, or when you feel a contraction? I wonder how I will act when this all starts to go down....Will I be cool and calm? Panicked? Crying? Screaming? Or so excited that I'm "in labor" that I don't freak out? James says he already knows how I'll be. He thinks I'll start to freak out a bit and think we need to rush to the hospital right away. We really want to try to labor at home until my water breaks or my contractions are 5 min apart (what the doc recommends). James said today I just need to leave him in charge of when it's time to go....We'll see how all of that works out.

Tonight James and I decided we should probably treat ourselves to a nice quiet dinner out before we are officially a "party of three". I like to call it our "last supper". We went to one of our favorite local places, Doolittle's Woodfire Grill and had a delicious dinner! Carson now that Mommy and Daddy have had their last "date" for a while I guess you can come anytime....We're waiting....

1 comment:

  1. First off you look wonderful in your picture! You don't even look 39 weeks preggers! Which is wonderful too! lol. I just love how excited that you are in your posts on waiting to meet Carson! I hope you guys have a wonderful "last" few days before you become a party of three!

    ReplyDelete