Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The "Mother" of all To-Do Lists...

This morning while sitting at work I put together a To-Do list of things that we need to get done before little Carson's arrival. I keep saying that we're ready but somehow I was able to come up with a huge list of things to do... What the heck? I am SUCH a planner and it's killing me that I don't know when he is going to arrive. I want the house to be clean, and everything to be perfect when we bring him home. I just have this fear that I'll go into labor on the day that my house is a wreck, the laundry is overflowing, and the bathroom needs cleaning. Please Carson, don't do that to Mommy. I usually wait and do laundry on the weekends but my new plan is to do a load as soon as I have a full one to do... Maybe this will help?? This weekend we plan on cleaning our carpets and repainting our front door so that's two big jobs to check off the list. Call it nesting if you want but I also need to clean out all of the cabinets in our kitchen. I want to take everything out, wipe them down, and reorganize!

The good thing about our To-Do list is that there are both Mommy and Daddy jobs on there! Daddy hasn't gotten a look at the list yet but I feel sure he'll be thrilled to see how many items are for him "to do". haha I'm not feeling too sorry for him considering one rather large item on my To-Do list is to actually HAVE this baby! While there are a few not-so-fun items on the list there are a few that I am excited about... The main one being our anniversary dinner date we have planned for the weekend!! I can't believe this time two years ago we were preparing for our beach wedding, and now we're preparing for a baby!

For those of you that haven't already heard our 36 week check-up yesterday got canceled because the doctor got called in for a delivery. We were quite bummed because we were really excited about the possibility of hearing that maybe, just maybe we were making some progress down there... We ended up having to reschedule, and now our appointment isn't until Friday. James really wanted to be able to go and that was the first time we could get it that worked for him. So, our 36 week check-up has nearly turned into our 37 week check-up (I'll be 36 and 5 days on Friday). We go Friday morning so I'll be sure to update everyone as soon as possible, hopefully I'll have something fun to share!

1 comment:

  1. Hope your appointment went well this morning! Can't wait for the update! Good luck with all your "to do" list tasks this weekend. Sounds like you might need to add shoveling snow to the list...can you believe it??? Ugh! Enjoy your anniversary dinner! So much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete