Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

34 Down...6 more to go :)

I feel like we are FINALLY on the homestretch! Woo Hoo! With only 6 weeks left until Carson should be here I find myself getting more and more anxious everyday about his arrival. James and I are the type to usually be a little early everywhere we go, so I'm hoping Carson makes an early arrival as well because honestly... I just don't know how much longer I can wait! I just have a feeling that the little guy will be here around the 38 1/2- 39 week mark! Lets keep our fingers crossed :)


Yesterday I had my 34 week check-up and everything is still right on track! I measured just under 34 and Carson's heart rate was 140-150 bpm :) They pointed out again where all of Carson's little body parts were which is just so cool. His head is still down and his little bum is at the top of my stomach. His back has been facing my left side which is what is causing the lopsided belly... haha It's so cool that I can actually rub, or pat on his back while he's in there! I keep reading that by now he is moving around a lot less which is strange because it actually feels like he is moving more. I guess this is because of the lack of space! I feel him stretching out his arms and legs all of the time, which causes a few lopsided spots on my right side. haha This week Carson should weigh around 5 lbs, and he should be about 15-16 inches long!


I have not experienced any contractions yet, or Braxton Hicks (kind of like practice contractions before the big day), but Carson has been putting some pressure on my sciatic nerve (a nerve that runs down under your uterus and down into your hip/butt). For now these sharp pains have been coming and going which is painful, but bearable. I know that boys can be difficult but I hope this one doesn't continue to be a pain in my ____ (I think you know where I'm going with that one) haha! I read a very interesting piece of information today about eye color that I wanted to share! No matter what color Carson's eyes end up being, right now they are blue. Supposedly all baby's eyes start out blue and the pigmentation process of the iris doesn't begin until his eyes have been exposed to light. So, we may not know Carson's true eye color for weeks, months, or even up to a year after birth. Crazy right?

2 comments:

  1. I've had so many people tell me Jacob's eyes can change colors up to two years of age. He came out with pretty blue eyes and they've change a smidge, but not much. It does take a few months to set in, but word on the street is by 6 months you'll have a pretty true indication of what color they will be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info :) Good to know!

    ReplyDelete