Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, April 9, 2010

7 months down...2 to go!


Yesterday I had my 32 week check-up, but I'm actually closer to the 33 week mark now! I guess this is the official start to the 8th month of pregnancy! Woo Hoo :) The last few doctors appointments have been pretty uneventful. They check my weight, blood pressure, listen to Carson's heartbeat, measure the belly, and answer my random two weeks worth of questions. In and out in about 15 or 20 min.... But, yesterday was a little more eventful. Not in a bad way, but a good one :) Everything was perfectly normal, blood pressure, weight, and Carson little heartbeat! The doctor said I was measuring 33 weeks which is said is about right considering I was 32 weeks and 4 days yesterday. Before he listened to Carson's heartbeat he felt around on my belly to try to determine just how that little guy was positioned in there. Good news... He's head down for now :) Let's just hope he stays that way!

That brings me to a totally random thought that my Mom and I have been pondering:
Why is it that a baby can be upside down for weeks in utero but can't be held that way once they are born? Another one of life's little mysteries?

So, back to the appointment....Once the doctor located Carson's little head and bum he helped me feel it too. The head was kind of hard to feel considering it was down below my belly, I had a hard time reaching! haha But Carson's cute little bum was right at the top of my belly! I have to admit I spent a lot of my afternoon yesterday rubbing and patting that little thing! It's amazing that I'm stretching out SO much that we can start feeling these things! James of course got to feel his little bum when he got home too :) He couldn't seem to find his head so next time James attends the appointment (36 week check-up) I'm going to have the doc help him, I know he'll be amazed!

Carson is still growing every day! Thebump.com says he's about the size of a honeydew melon. I don't however feel like this is a very good comparison considering Carson is not a round ball shape. I guess they are saying that while in the fetal position he's about the size of a honeydew. If he were all stretched out he'd be somewhere between 17-18 inches long! This week Carson should weigh in around 4-5 lbs, about the weight of a pineapple :) Thebump also tells me that he can recognize and react to simple songs and lullabies...Carson, Mommy apologizes for her singing abilities in advance. I'm aware that I do not have a pretty singing voice, and neither does Daddy for that matter. I guess it's officially time to start teaching James some baby/kid songs... he claims he doesn't know any. Thebump says that growth inside the womb will start to slow up some this month, but I'm guessing on the outside growth will be speeding up! My belly feels as though it is growing at a rapid rate! By the end of the month Carson should begin his descent into my pelvis, safe travels little man :)

3 comments:

  1. Regarding your "totally random thought" - I've been wondering that same thing, too!!!! Isn't all the blood rushing to his head right about now?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ye-A! Only 2 more months! We can't wait to meet your little man! So happy to hear everything is right on track. I'm thinking Carson's going to be a lefty! Can you believe how beautiful it is out today??? It looked like Chloe was lovin' walking with mom! :)

    ReplyDelete