Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Will Carson be a lefty?

For the past few weeks I have noticed Carson moving around constantly... My guess is that he's going to be one that can't sit still for very long, just like his momma :) He has been spending alot of his time on the left side of my belly lately which makes me wonder.... Is Carson going to be a lefty? What makes someone left handed or right handed anyways? Does your brain just tell you which hand to pick up the crayon with when you're 3 or what? The more and more I think about this the more curious I become. I am one that likes to understand how and why things work the way they do, I get this from my dad :) So, I turned to the good old Internet for some answers.

According to Familydoctor.org scientist aren't really sure why some people are right handed and others left. About 90% of the world's population is right handed which has to make a person think... Why are only 10% of us left handed? Scientist have found that being left handed does run in the family, which means that your DNA and genes do have some influence. James' dad, "Poppy" and my brother, Andy are both left handed so Carson could definitely come out that way :) But, there are cases of course where there could only be one person in the whole family that is left handed. I guess the whole left or right handed thing is one of life's little mysteries! I do know this however...When Carson is on the left side of my belly it looks quite lopsided.

1 comment:

  1. Good info to know! :)

    I hope you and your lopsided belly are doing well! Tell Carson hello!

    ReplyDelete