Baby Harper

 BabyFruit Ticker

Our First Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Wonderful World of Boys

At one of my showers my aunt Paula gave me The Wonderful World of BOYS by Dr. James Dobson. I sat down this afternoon to read through it and check out the cute photos inside. For a coffee table book it actually had some great info about raising, and understanding BOYS. It was also full of hilarious information and tips about boys! It seems I know several people that have little boys, or are about to have little boys so I wanted to share my favorite part of the book with you all:

"One of the scariest aspects of raising boys is their tendency to risk life and limb for no good reason. If a toddler can climb on it, he will jump off of it. He careens out of control toward tables, tubs, pools, steps, trees, and streets. He will eat anything but food and loves to play in the toilet. He makes "guns" out of cucumbers or toothbrushes and like digging around in drawers, pill bottles, and Mom's purse. And just hope he doesn't get his grubby little hands on a tube of lipstick. A boy harasses grumpy dogs and picks up kitties by their ears. His mom has to watch him every minute to keep him from killing himself. He loves to throw rocks, play with fire, and shatter glass. He also gets great pleasure out of irritating his brothers and sisters, his mother, his teachers, and other children. As he gets older, he is drawn to everything dangerous-skateboards, rock climbing, hand gliding, motorcycles, and mountain bikes. At about sixteen, he and his buddies being driving around town like kamikaze pilots of sake. It's a wonder any of them survive."

All I can say is YIKES! haha I'm sure any of you that have seen a little boy grow up would attest that this is all true... I can just imagine a little James doing ALL of these things... Pam, I give you props for raising TWO boys! I thought I was excited about being a stay-at-home-mommy but according to what I've just read I might have bitten off more than I can chew. Carson, please go easy on Mommy....

No comments:

Post a Comment